Thank you to all of our campers for staying with us at Lake Joy during the 2018 camping season. The 2019 camping season will run from April 19th. to October 6th. We will begin taking reservations for 2019 on January 14th. We look forward to seeing you at the lake!
Where Family and Friends Come Together
Who We Are:
Lake Joy is a family owned and managed campground that has been a favorite summer getaway for more than 40 years. Our goal is to provide a clean, relaxing, friendly environment for families and friends to enjoy time together. We pride ourselves on attention to our campers, the cleanliness of our campground, the care of our grounds and our modern shower facilities. We are also proud of our private, spring fed lake which has swimming, boating and some of the best fishing in this part of the state.
Hayrides every weekend!
What We Offer - Recreation:
* 60 acre private, spring-fed, no-wake lake
* Excellent fishing for large and small mouth bass, walleye, catfish, northern pike, crappie and blue gills (No fishing license required!) * Boat launch
* Two sandy swimming beaches
* Inflatable water toys
* Boat Rentals: fishing, pedal, canoe and kayak
(trolling motors available) * Game Room: ping-pong, pool, air-hockey, foosball & arcade games
* Three playgrounds, basketball court, sand volleyball,
and tetherball * Free to borrow: basketballs, volleyballs, bocce ball set,
frisbee bottle toss and bean bags * Walking path along the north side of the lake
* Paved roads for walking and bicycling
* Free weekend and holiday family activities
What We Offer - Amenities * Tent, pop-up, trailer and motorhome sites * Large non-water/non-electric group sites
* Large open areas to accommodate family get-togethers,
firewood, snacks, limited groceries and area brochures * L.P. gas refills and gasoline for ATV's
* Dump station
* Motorcycle and ATV friendly
* Direct access from the campground to over 140 miles of ATV trails!
(No need to trailer your ATV to the trails!) * Well behaved pets are welcome (except American Pit Bull Terriers)
Your Hosts- The Patten Family
Where We Are:
Lake Joy Campground is located in the driftless area of scenic southwest Wisconsin on the edge of our 60 acre private lake surrounded by nothing but nature itself! This region of Wisconsin was untouched by glaciers which covered much of the state. Therefore, rolling hills and remnants of ancient prairies await your arrival.
Rural but not remote, Lake Joy Campground is located conveniently to several tri-state metropolitan areas. We are 10 minutes from Platteville, Wisconsin; 30 minutes from Galena, Illinois; 35 minutes from Dubuque, Iowa; 50 minutes from Madison, Wisconsin; 2.5 hours from Milwaukee, Wisconsin; 3.5 hours from Chicago, Illinois and 5 hours from Minneapolis, Minnesota.